Saturday, February 15, 2014

Blog Update + An Inspiring Guest Post

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you all had a great Valentine's day and if not, at least the day is all over and done with!
Anyway, just wanted to give you all a little blog update and clue you in on a couple things I've added to the blog!
#1 If you love my Natalie's Style posts, then you'll love this new feature on my blog. You can now shop my closet! My closet is practically bursting at the seams, so I had to get rid of a few things and I now have so much to sell and I've found a great way to do it by using a website called Poshmark! I've also added a tab to my sidebar in the intro box so you can have quick access to shopping my closet reguarly :)
#2 I have started a new instagram account!! I now have one solely for the blogging world. It would make my day if you'd follow me
#3 The tabs on my intro box (DIY, Tuesday Tips, Natalie's Style, etc.) now all work again thanks to the wonderful Areeba!!

Now enjoy a fantastic guest post by a great blogger and new friend of mine, Raewyn!! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


“Have you ever felt so lost? Known the way, but still so lost?”


“Lost” by Katy Perry is one of my favorite songs to listen to when I feel like I’m floating through life more than I am living my life. It might be the times when I’m overwhelmed, in between, or just plain sad.



Then, it inspires me to start looking for inspiration. Where do you look for inspiration? I have a variety of places and I am so excited to share them with you today!

Before Pinterest or Tumblr even came into the world, I was looking for inspiration. I bet most people alive were, too. It was harder to find inspiring quotes back then. Where was I supposed to find the words that I’m feeling?



That’s where music came in. Music can be a saving grace, especially when you can’t find the words to say. A few of my favorites, besides “Lost” are songs by Jack’s Mannequin, Incubus and most girl power singers (Gwen Stefani, Pink, K. Clarkson, etc).

I also have a deep love for the self-help section of Barne’s and Noble. I probably haven’t mentioned it too much on my blog, but I am a self-help book addict. I think it began when we spent time at the mall “hanging out” in high school. You know, doing absolutely nothing at the mall for hours on end since we were flat broke.

We always ended up at the self-help section reading about ways to improve our lives, horoscopes, the works. While many people might think that these books are bogus, I think they can give you quite the inspiration and kick in the right direction.

Bathtubs. Most people indulge in a luxurious, hot bath or shower when they’re looking for inspiration. I’m not one of those people. Instead, I’d rather hike until I have a view, drive my quad to the top of a sand dune, and take in nature. Sometimes, I swear the birds can solve your secret problems. Or maybe they just put my life into perspective.

I’m a California girl, so digging my toes into the sand and people-watching can inspire me  and help me find direction, too. If you’re not close to a beach, people watching at a park might be equally soothing.

Speaking of parks, I love them. They’re so relaxing and fun! I am a sucker for the swing set. Ever since I was a kid, pumping my legs on the swings and soaring into the sky, has calmed my anxieties.

Just thinking about all of these inspiring tricks and moments has me feeling calm. 

What’s your favorite way to get inspired? I’d love to hear!

 photo name.jpg

Raewyn started Be a Warrior Queen, a lifestyle blog and movement, in 2009. She someday hopes her positive and do-good-centered blog will blossom into a magazine that will empower young girls to be confident in themselves. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Tumblr



1 comment:

Thanks for sharing the love by leaving a comment! Each and every word makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...