Friday, November 28, 2014
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Can I have one of each of these, pretty please? Aren't these cases to die for!
Let's be honest, half the fun of getting a new phone is dressing it up with fun new cases.
As you may have guessed, I am a bit addicted to phone cases. I had 12 cases for my last phone...
I'm totally that person who changes their phone case at least once a week.
There's just so many cute cases out there, how can you stick with just one?
Which case is your favorite?
Monday, November 24, 2014
To say I was excited to get this phone would be a HUGE understatement. If you know me, or follow my twitter account, you probably know that I've been counting down the days until I could get my precious new phone for weeks! You're probably thinking whats the big deal, it's just a phone? Trust me, you weren't the only one! My mom kept asking me the same thing. I think the biggest reason I was excited was because my old phone (the iPhone 5) was slowly dying and breaking down day by day. The home button had stopped working all together, and the battery wasn't even a battery any more (sometimes I'd have to charge my phone 2-3 times a day). As you can imagine, those two things got super annoying, super fast. Which is why the day my upgrade became available, I
ran headed to the Apple store, and much to my dismay, waited in a 2 hour line to get the phone. Once It was finally my turn to get the phone I did a happy dance sauntered in, and in 30 minutes I was grinning from ear-to-ear with a pretty new phone in my hand.
Now that I've been using the phone for a week, I created a list of what I like and dislike about the phone. Hopefully this list will help you if you're on the fence about getting the new iPhone.
What I Like
- The Design // I love love love the new look and size of the phone! I thought both the 6 and the 6 plus looked ginormous when I first saw them. But now that I've been using the 6 on a daily bases, I've gotten so spoiled with the larger screen. I don't know how I survived with a smaller screen before!
- The Color Choices // You really can't go wrong with any of the colors -they're all stunning! The silver is classic, the gold is elegant, and the space grey is so chic. I got the gold one this time around!
- The Battery // As I said before, my iPhone's 5 battery life was atrocious. The phone would be at 80% one minute and then 10% another minute. With the 6, I only have to charge it every couple of days! I've never been able to say that before! It's so nice to not have to worry about charging my phone every few hours.
- The Camera // Not only does it take spectacular photos. But there's so much more you can do with the camera all together. You can now take slow-mo videos (look at this cool one featuring my idol, Lauren Conrad!), time lapse videos (Kim K took a fun one!), burst mode (where you can take multiple pictures in 1 second), set a timer for when you're taking selfies, and so much more. For a person, like me, who takes tons of pictures a day, the camera is a dream.
- Touch ID // I used to HATE having to type in my password 2-3 times every time I tried to unlock my phone. It seemed like each time I tried to unlock it, my fingers would slip and I'd inevitably type in the wrong sequence of numbers and get locked out of my phone. Boy am I glad to say these days are over! I love that all I have to do now is press my thumb against the home button, and instantaneously the phone unlocks.
- The Built-In Apps // Apple really has thought of everything, right down to the perfect apps. The Health App is all new and great for anyone who's New Years resolution (like mine) is to get in shape. It stores all of your health info like your daily steps, calorie intake, heart rate, daily exercise, and loads more! GarageBand, Keynote, iMovie, Numbers, and Pages are some other great new apps!
What I Dislike
- The Lock Button // I'm not really sure yet if I love or hate the lock button being on the side of the phone now, instead of on the top. It may just be that I haven't gotten used to it yet. But I will say, it definitely makes taking screen shots more difficult.
- The Bending Issues // I'm sure by now you've seen countless articles and headlines talking about the "bendgate" scandal. There have been issues reported about the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus bending, due to the slimness and certain weak points of the phone. Naturally, I'm afraid about my phone possibly bending, especially since Apple hasn't directed addressed the issue or how to prevent it.
Are you considering getting the new iPhone? Or if you have it, what do you think of it?
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Be sure to check back this week for these all new posts!
Thursday, November 6, 2014
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
Aren't all these journals so pretty!? That's the problem I'm having! I can't decide on which one to get. If my parents are reading this, I know they're rolling their eyes. Ever since I was a little kid I've always loved journals, and honestly I probably own 15-20 of them easily. I've always used a few pages of each and then fallen in love with a new journal, that I couldn't possibly not buy.
And now that I'm working at Rifle Paper Co., I'm constantly surrounded my adorable journals and notebooks. Which really doesn't help my journal obsession much.
I admit, I have a journal problem. But I promise I have a legitimate reason to buy a new one this time!! :-)
The last journal I bought was the Kate Spade "This Just In" medium notebook. I have to say, it's a bit small. In my opinion, it should be called a small notebook, not so much a medium one. But I did love how the journal laid flat when I was writing in it, and I love the pocket on the back cover to stick mementos in!
So now I'm on the hunt for a new journal, and I promise to use every page this time!! ;-)
Which journal do you like the best?
I love this idea of not only recording what happened during your day but also writing down quotes, doodles, dreams, hopes, and wishes in your journal! I love how messy and cluttered it looks! Journals shouldn't be perfect, they should be imperfect like all of us.
I think writing can be so therapeutic and it's so fun to look back on for years to come!
Sunday, November 2, 2014
I've debated for a long time on whether or not to include my Faith on my blog. I didn't want non-religious people to feel uncomfortable if I began writing about a big part of my life - God.
But then I remembered what the name of this blog is, All Things Natalie Christa.
Which is a place where I include all the things that make up myself and who I am as a person.
A big part of who I am is centered around my Faith, so I have decided to push aware my fears and share this big part of me with all of you.
I am a Christian and a follower of Christ.
I have always been a Christian, but in the past I haven't been as devoted as I should of been.
I grew up in a family that didn't go to church every Sunday. We've always been off and on churchgoers.
But we went enough for me to understand, as I got older, what Faith meant to me and I knew I wanted to pursue and fully immerse myself in a life devoted to the Lord.
Now that I'm old enough to decide my Faith for myself, I have and always will accept Jesus Christ as my savior.
I cannot wait to share more of my love for the Lord with you through this blog!