Friday, November 29, 2013

Pumpkin Bread Recipe

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving and had 2.. 3...4 helpings of Thanksgiving dinner!
I don't want to be just a fashion blog, because that's not what I'm all about. I'm all about food, traveling, adventures, and so much more than just clothes. So in order for me to classify myself as a "lifestyle blog" I need to incorporate more lifestyley things.
And As fall comes to a close in no time at all. I thought I'd share one of my favorite fall recipes, homemade pumpkin bread. I thought it wouldn't be right if I let the last month of fall go by without sharing this delicious and easy recipe!
I always love having a loaf of this hangin' around so you can grab it for quick breakfast or an afternoon snack and also cause its the bomb.com.


Mmmmm, doesn't your stomach just growl looking at that loaf of deliciousness? 


Well you're in luck cause Chef Natalie is here to show you how to make it :-)


Ingredients:
  • 4 large eggs
  • 3 cups granulated white sugar
  • 1 cup canola or vegetable oil 
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon allspice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups of pumpkin puree
  • 2/3 cup water

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.


Grease and flour 2 9x5 inch loaf pans.


In a medium bowl pour in the eggs, oil, and sugar.


Whisk, until you get this smooth yellow mixture. 


If you're like me and eat half the batter before you actually bake the thing. Then just trust me when I say that this mixture doesn't taste like much. Don't worry, I'll tell you when the batter will taste soooo good and when its actually worth eating.


Next, in a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt.


Mix together the ingredients.


Then, pour in the wet ingredients.


Mix together until you get a dough like substance.


Last, add in the pumpkin and water.


Mix the ingredients in.
Now is the time to taste the batter, but be careful cause you won't be able to stop.


Pour it into the loaf pans and place in the oven. Bake for 1 hour and 15 min.
Once baked, check with a toothpick to make sure its cooked through.

Enjoy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Natalie , you did a GREAT job! I am drooling , I might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the love by leaving a comment! Each and every word makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...