I've seen these flower crowns all over tumblr and other blogs! I just love the boho look of them, and decided I had to make one!
Who knows if i'll ever actually wear it out in public but it was a fun prop to photograph and only cost 2 bucks to make!
Materials you will need:
- Fake or real flowers (if you want the crown to last, go with fake flowers) I bought these at Michael
- Clear tape
- twine or thin wire (I used twine but thin wire would work probably a bit better, because it wouldnt be as flimsy)
- First, cut all the stems off of the stick so that you have individual strands/stems of flowers (you will need at least 3) you probably want more the merrier becuase then it'll be thicker with flowers!
- Next, grab the twine and wrap it once around your head to measure the correct size crown you will need. Leave a little extra, you can always cut it off later.
- Line up one of your strands with the piece of twine you just cut.
- Tape the twine and first flower strand together.
- Keep doing this with all the strands, overlapping them with eachother and taping them all together.Once you've use all the strands you should have 1 long thick strand of all the strands combined taped along the twine.
- Once again measure it around your head and then tape it so that it is a complete circle of flowers.
- Cut off any excess twine or strands of the flowers.
Here's a better tutorial if mine was a little too confusing!
Dress: Urban Outfitters
Have A Great Weekend!!