To say I was excited to get this phone would be a HUGE understatement. If you know me, or follow my twitter account, you probably know that I've been counting down the days until I could get my precious new phone for weeks! You're probably thinking whats the big deal, it's just a phone? Trust me, you weren't the only one! My mom kept asking me the same thing. I think the biggest reason I was excited was because my old phone (the iPhone 5) was slowly dying and breaking down day by day. The home button had stopped working all together, and the battery wasn't even a battery any more (sometimes I'd have to charge my phone 2-3 times a day). As you can imagine, those two things got super annoying, super fast. Which is why the day my upgrade became available, I
ran headed to the Apple store, and much to my dismay, waited in a 2 hour line to get the phone. Once It was finally my turn to get the phone I did a happy dance sauntered in, and in 30 minutes I was grinning from ear-to-ear with a pretty new phone in my hand.
Now that I've been using the phone for a week, I created a list of what I like and dislike about the phone. Hopefully this list will help you if you're on the fence about getting the new iPhone.
What I Like
- The Design // I love love love the new look and size of the phone! I thought both the 6 and the 6 plus looked ginormous when I first saw them. But now that I've been using the 6 on a daily bases, I've gotten so spoiled with the larger screen. I don't know how I survived with a smaller screen before!
- The Color Choices // You really can't go wrong with any of the colors -they're all stunning! The silver is classic, the gold is elegant, and the space grey is so chic. I got the gold one this time around!
- The Battery // As I said before, my iPhone's 5 battery life was atrocious. The phone would be at 80% one minute and then 10% another minute. With the 6, I only have to charge it every couple of days! I've never been able to say that before! It's so nice to not have to worry about charging my phone every few hours.
- The Camera // Not only does it take spectacular photos. But there's so much more you can do with the camera all together. You can now take slow-mo videos (look at this cool one featuring my idol, Lauren Conrad!), time lapse videos (Kim K took a fun one!), burst mode (where you can take multiple pictures in 1 second), set a timer for when you're taking selfies, and so much more. For a person, like me, who takes tons of pictures a day, the camera is a dream.
- Touch ID // I used to HATE having to type in my password 2-3 times every time I tried to unlock my phone. It seemed like each time I tried to unlock it, my fingers would slip and I'd inevitably type in the wrong sequence of numbers and get locked out of my phone. Boy am I glad to say these days are over! I love that all I have to do now is press my thumb against the home button, and instantaneously the phone unlocks.
- The Built-In Apps // Apple really has thought of everything, right down to the perfect apps. The Health App is all new and great for anyone who's New Years resolution (like mine) is to get in shape. It stores all of your health info like your daily steps, calorie intake, heart rate, daily exercise, and loads more! GarageBand, Keynote, iMovie, Numbers, and Pages are some other great new apps!
What I Dislike
- The Lock Button // I'm not really sure yet if I love or hate the lock button being on the side of the phone now, instead of on the top. It may just be that I haven't gotten used to it yet. But I will say, it definitely makes taking screen shots more difficult.
- The Bending Issues // I'm sure by now you've seen countless articles and headlines talking about the "bendgate" scandal. There have been issues reported about the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus bending, due to the slimness and certain weak points of the phone. Naturally, I'm afraid about my phone possibly bending, especially since Apple hasn't directed addressed the issue or how to prevent it.
Are you considering getting the new iPhone? Or if you have it, what do you think of it?