Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pinspiration: Neons & Neutrals

Maybe I'm super late on this {and I probably am}, but all of a sudden I've been noticing a new trend emerging, neon & neutrals. I've never been a neon fan. I always thought the colors were obnoxiously bright. {TBH, I just really didn't want to look like a giant highlighter}

But ever since my step mom, Tracy, bought me the top below, I've been opened up to a whole new way on how to work with neons.
 Pairing neon & neutral colors together, balances out the bright hues and makes it a more subtle {but still bold!} look.

I am lovvinngg the outfits people are putting together, like the neon statement necklace in picture #2! pairing that bright of a necklace with neutrals like grey, white and tan is genius.
Oh, and don't even get me started on the dress in picture #3, I'm obsessed, enough said.

This the perfect look for transitioning from winter to spring. You can still wear your winter colors {grey, black, white, etc.} but incorporate spring by adding neon accent pieces to your outfit.

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10

Forever 21 has some fantastic neon statement necklaces this season! I would of bought them all if I could. {#3 is on my must-have list!} Which is your favorite? 

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6









Top // Jeans // Shoes




Do you like the neon & neutral look? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I love that third dress! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all these neons this year!!! Love pairing it with the neutrals.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the love by leaving a comment! Each and every word makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...