Monday, February 16, 2015

D.I.Y Photo Wall


I can't get over my new photo wall!! I love waking up, and looking over at so many happy memories filled with people I love! 
Here's how to create your own!


What you'll need:
  1. Photo prints // I used about 100 prints to create my photo wall, so depending on the size of the photo wall you want to create, that will depend on how many prints you'll need (and guess what, Walgreens is having a sale on prints right now, whoop whoop!)
  2. Scissors 
  3. Tape (I recommend duct tape!)
  4. Paper poster board(s) // The amount you'll need will depend on how many prints you have and how big you want your photo wall to be. I used 4 poster boards, and I could fit about 25 (4x6) prints on each board. 


Now, before we go any further let's talk about what happened here. So the first time I created the photo wall I spent a 4 solid hours individually taping each picture directly onto the wall. After I had finished, I admired my creation and then went to work. 5 hours later, I return and see this. 90% of the photos had fallen down, I'll be honest, I teared up a bit. All my hard work had fallen down into a crumpled mess of sticky tape and paper. 
Don't make the same mistake I did!! If you want to tape the photos directly to the wall, that's fine! Just first tape one photo to the wall, leave it there for a few hours, and see if it sticks or falls down.


After the heartbreaking first incident, I almost grabbed a trash bag and stuffed the wadded tape and paper mess into the bag. But then I thought of using poster boards! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but this idea is sort of genius.
What I did was, I took a poster board and taped the photos directly onto the board! 
Then I nailed it to the wall. Depending on the weight of the boards you can either tape or hang them onto the wall.
Duh, right? I wish I would of thought of this sooner!
Also, a great bonus of using poster boards is that you can easily move the photo boards around, whereas if they were directly taped to the wall it'd be a lot harder to maneuver them. This way when I go to college in the fall I can easily move the boards to my dorm!


I love how this DIY turned out!

Do you have a space in mind to create your own photo wall?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the love by leaving a comment! Each and every word makes my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...